How to ask for something in French
How to ask for something in French?
Have you ever wondered how to say ‘Do you have…?… or ‘Can I have’…. or ‘May I…..in French? You’ve come to the right place! If you have any feedback about the quality of the episode (sound, pace, transcripts) show, feel free to reach out!
#1 How to say ‘Can I have…’
Est-ce que je peux avoir…..(eskuh)
#2 How to say ‘May I have….’
#3 How to say ‘Do you have…’ (formal or you all)
Est-ce que vous avez… (eskuh)
#4 How to say ‘Do you have…’ (informal/casual)
Est-ce que tu as….
#5 How to say ‘ I would like…’
#6 How to say ‘I am looking for…’
Je cherche …
#7 Practice in French
Do you have some salt? (formal) — Est-ce que avez du sel ?
I am looking for a green sweater? — Je cherche un pull vert.
May I have more sauce? — Puis-je avoir plus de sauce? Pourrais-je avoir plus de sauces ?
Can I have two tickets? — Est-ce que je peux avoir deux billets ?
I would like two croissants — Je voudrais deux croissants
Do you have a pen (casual/informal)—- Est-ce que tu as un stylo ?
Voilà c’est la fin de cet épisode ! Now you know How to ask for something in French! And always add ‘S’il vous plait’ ! (please at the end)
You can also listen to this episode on Apple Podcast
How did you find this episode? I hope it was a five-start experience for you. I really want to be helpful and share my knowledge with you. So if you want to help other listeners to discover my podcast, go ahead an leave a five star rating on Spotify (only in the app), Apple podcast, Deezer….
Here are easy step-by-step instructions for Apple Podcast: How to leave an rating or review on an iOS device.
- Open the Podcasts app (the purple app)
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter ‘Speak French Avec Moi‘
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” which is underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners.
- You’ll then have the option to do a rating on a 5-star scale, and also write a review if you choose (You don’t have time to write a review, just leave a five star rating.)
- From a Mac, just go to this address: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/french-podcast-speak-french-avec-moi/id1519867249
If you have any feedback about the quality of the episode (sound, pace, transcripts) show, feel free to reach out!
And if you are still reading, check this: I’ve put together a one-hour course FOR FREE just for you! You will speak French under one hour guaranteed! Try it! Find out more details by clicking on speakfrenchavecmoi.com.
Merci et à bientôt, Séverine